We are very excited that we now have multiple options of hay to choose from. Here are our current hay products and a brief description of them. You can also go to the main hay page on our website: https://shop.smallpetselect.com/collections/hay
- 1st Cutting Timothy: Is the first harvest of the summer. It contains the most seed-head and stem with little leaf. It has a high amount of fiber.
- 2nd Cutting Timothy: This is our most popular choice among customers. It has a good balance of stem, seed head and leaf. It contains a mid to high amount of fiber.
- 3rd Cutting/Super Soft Timothy: This cutting is the softest of our Timothy Hay. It has very little stem and seed-head and is predominantly leaf. It is very popular with pets that have dental problems and pets that tend to be a bit pickier.
- Orchard Hay: It is very soft hay, all leaf, and is extremely popular with picky pets, pets with dental issues, and pet parents who are allergic to Timothy hay.
- Oat Hay: It's like the cherry on the sundae! A terrific add-in to make great hay even better and more interesting. High in fiber to keep things moving right along, too. This is a great alternative hay for people with allergies to timothy hay, too.
- Alfalfa Hay: Alfalfa hay is rich in nutrients and is THE GO TO for young, growing animals and older animals who need a nutrition boost. It's also helpful for folks that have allergies to timothy hay.
- Orchard Medley: This is a terrific hay for encouraging small animals to eat more fiber, or just as a "treat" hay. Use it alone, or mix it up with some timothy. 80 - 85% Orchard + A Mix Of Alfalfa and Red Clover. Got some timothy hay allergies? This is one of our hays that may help a lot.
- Gourmet Hay: We've loaded up several kinds of hay with sweet smelling herbs and flowers to make it an absolutely irresistible treat (as well as great varied nutrition).